Saturday, June 28, 2008

Summer Camp

Three mice, two moles, one live bunny (that survived and was released) and other various unrecognizable critter body parts....these are the gifts that Simba and Kink bring home. Many of these catches have appeared in the house, living or dead. I would much rather have a bouquet of flowers. But in the lions' eyes, that's what I'm getting. With sunrise at 4:15 am and sunset at 10 pm, the boys have plenty of daylight to hunt. Rick is pleased that the moles have stopped making hills in our lawn and are moving next door.

I think the boys are enjoying "summer camp" with us. Don't worry, Kate. I know these boys will be thrilled to see you and Kevin upon your return. I used to leave our family cat for several weeks each summer. And she was always excited to see me when I came home. She passed away earlier this year just before her 19th birthday. We were blessed to have her for so long.

No comments: